Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Corn Rows




We have an official supervisor for this mammoth project! Charlie the Prince watches over us as we tickle the earth with our implements. Very serious work this tickling! When Charlie leaves the house, he roams our neighborhood freely and only God knows where he goes. But, if Jon or I pull one weed or apply spade to soil in our yard, Charlie appears!

He inspects Jon’s beautiful corn rows. Look at this perfection! Those are tiny pepper seedlings and okinowan spinach in the foreground.

Jon lovingly lays the corn seeds in.

I imagine I am biting into our fresh corn cobs now! The corn kernels are bursting in my mouth as I write! Jon and I agreed that we would (he would) plant one row this week and then another row in 2 weeks. And so on until we run out of room! This will bring us a staggered harvest.

This organic garden is going to be grand! And with Charlie’s expert supervision, it will be all we expect and probably more.

Tomorrow we will add in some flowering plants to ensure that the bees arrive and are busy with our planintings. Busy bees mean happy plants. Charlie the Prince approves.

No comments:

Post a Comment