Thursday, March 11, 2010




We borrowed a rototiller to enlarge our 12 by 6 ft. garden. What a great machine!! In about 15 minutes Jon had 60 by 10 ft cut up. "I could do the whole yard! This is fun!" Thanks Dominick!

The weather continued to be cold. The wind sliced through to my Florida thin skin. Looking at this big swath of garden space from inside the house, oh I knew there would be a lot of work before I would brag about my sweet corn or pluck a perfect tomato. 60 by 10 ft! And much of this happy labor would be done under fabulous skies. Whoo Hoo!!

A lot more good dirt would have to be deposited onto the silt that was underneath the now chewed up lawn. More than the few bags of topsoil I bought from Home Depot last year would cover. The landfill has a huge pile of rich, dark dirt there for the taking, for free. I would have to ask for help.

Finally, the sun shone through to warm us up to 70 degrees. My pal Tia came through for us with her little truck. She met us at the landfill pile. My daughter Madalyn, being a superior senior, did not have to go to school on FCAT testing days. I had free labor too!

No comments:

Post a Comment